We endeavor to become a center of excellence in judicial education for a free, fair and just civil society.
Promote legal literacy, deliver professional services, enhance judicial independence; and inspire public trust and confidence in the justice system.
Excellence – We insist on high standard and quality of services and trainings we deliver.
Collegiality – We work as a team and align our efforts for achievement of our goals and mandates.
Integrity – We maintain integrity and professionalism in our works and services.
Knowledge –We continuously learn and grow in the process of teaching and training others.
Since education and information contribute to overall professional development of the members of the judicial and legal fraternity, the Institute is currently dedicating its resources and expertise in the following prioritized areas;
• Continuing judicial education, induction and orientation programs to the judges and other judicial personnel
• Need-based specialized trainings for the judiciary and law-enforcement agencies such as police and prosecutors, NGOs, etc.
• Dissemination and sensitization of the public on emerging legal issues through mass media
• Organizing monthly Judges’ Book Club to keep academic flame of the judges alight
• Organizing ADR(Mediation) trainings to the Local Government officials and relevant stake holders
• Organizing meetings, conferences, lectures, workshops, symposia and seminars on topical issues
• Review, analysis and publications of important court judgments
• Study/conduct research on contemporary and emerging legal issues, Bills and legislations passed by the Parliament
• Liaising/linking with relevant national and international academic/training institutions for exchange of knowledge and experiences.